Exceptionally, I am presenting to you a Saturday Morning Special Post.
This was originally intended to be a Facebook post, but I got carried away reading news and stupid stuff. So, here we go with what I found this morning.
Note: I am awake because it appears that some people around here like to talk really loudly on Saturday morning; in my opinion, there should be a law which makes it unconstitutional to speak loudly in the morning – just like one that should forbid having cappuccino after lunch.
First things first: we need some sound. Among the many choices, I think Parov Stelar goes perfectly with this “soon-to-be-sunny” day in Munich:
Let’s start then.
1. Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal got it right with the comic about the history of technology. NB: the brain representing political analysis made me laugh more than I should have.
2. You can finally block those people that send you private messages/requests on LinkedIn. Thanks Mashable for the how-to part.
3. Many people are getting mad at Facebook acquiring WhatsApp because of “privacy issues”. Am I the only happy one? If they manage to integrate them I will just need one app between Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp, which means that I can finally install another app (yeah, I have a really crappy phone with little internal memory). Also, have you ever tried going to the Facebook settings and clicked on the tab “Apps”? You will see how many apps are already connected to your account. Finally, have you already forgotten the NSA scandal? Your data is in somebody else’s hands anyway.
4. Good news everyone: a start-up called Streak will let you know when recipients ready your e-mails. Yeah, I know, this thing is old news, but the pro of this one is that it is free – for the moment. I’m trying it out. Unfortunately, it’s not yet available for Firefox and Android.
5. This is how you pull a prank:
Unfortunately, as I read on the article from the Verge about the DHL ad, it was produced by an external company, with no involvement whatsoever from the delivery service.
Bonus point – just for Italians though.
6. Superwin di the Jackal, che spaccano di brutto con l’ultimo video su Sanremo. Ecco qua l’epica composizione:
Mi sembra superfluo ricordarvi che sono quelli di Lost in Google, Gay Ingenui e millemila altri video spettacolari. Fatevi un giro sul canale Youtube di the Jackal, non ve ne pentirete.